The MRFA is committed to keeping our members, as well as the restaurant & food service industry in Manitoba as a whole and the general public, informed of relevant issues related to our industry through our social media. The MRFA seeks to foster a welcoming community that embraces individuals and businesses of varied backgrounds and opinions, and values respectful discourse and debate as an essential underpinning of a diverse and viable restaurant business community in Manitoba. To ensure our online community reflects those values and models respectful discourse, we reserve the right to moderate comments on our social media channels. This moderation may include hiding or removing posts or comments that do not meet our community standards and values. Comments and posts that violate any of the social media guidelines listed below may be hidden or removed:
- Advertising or fundraising solicitations
- Apparent spamming or trolling
- Disrespectful and/or abusive remarks (including but not limited to commentary that is discriminatory, abusive, violent, or promotes illegal activity)
- Inaccurate or off-topic information
- Confidential or non-public information posted without proper consent
- Offensive or profane language
- Attacks or threats
- Defamatory statements
- Any other comments or content that is deemed to violate community standards and guidelines
- Users who do not comply with these guidelines may be blocked from MRFA-affiliated pages without notice.
The MRFA reserves the right to modify these policies without notice. Any modification will be effective immediately upon posting the modification on this policy page. Engagement with, including but not limited to liking, sharing, commenting, messaging, tagging, etc., MRFA-affiliated social media pages and posts signifies the acceptance of these policies.
All content on our social media sites is bound by the terms and community guidelines of each respective social media platform:
- Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- Twitter Terms of Service
Comments posted on our sites do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of the MRFA. Users acknowledge that the comments they post are visible to the public.
Please contact the MRFA at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about this policy or any content posted on our social media sites.
*Policy adapted from Lawrence University’s Social Media Commenting Policy.