What you need to know from the past month:
- The month began with an announcement on loosening health restrictions and a second round of the Sector Support Program, with expanded eligibility to include caterers and other event based businesses. REMINDER TO MEMBERS the deadline to apply for the second round is February 28, 2022, and you MUST apply to receive the second round even if you applied for the first.
- The March 1st Health Orders are now available at: https://web2.gov.mb.ca/laws/orders/_pdf-order.php?ord=2022-03-01
- The Province of Manitoba confirmed the Immunization Verification app would remain available for use after March 1st for businesses wishing to use it.
- Newest forms of federal supports (such as the THRP, which replaces CEWS and CERS) opened for applications in early February with the applicable Lockdown Support Program in place for the end of 2021 periods.
- LetsOrder.Delivery went Member Exclusive in mid-February and expanded its eligibility to be listed! Now you can list your restaurant even if you don’t have in-house delivery; simply choose your preferred delivery option link and we’ll pop it up on your listing for you, free of charge!
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS: We are almost sold out of our Communication Sponsorship Calendar! Learn more here and get in touch with Megan at email@example.com to secure your silver or bronze spot today.
- We announced a NEW member benefit offer on energy savings with Western Whole Energy, and highlighted our two most recent additions from Jani King and UnuHub, PLUS we always have great offers on MORE, MORE, MORE from other valued associate members! Learn what we have on our member benefits page and get the most bang for your buck.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS: Interested in providing a member benefit offer to our members? Awesome! Get in touch with Megan (she really likes chatting with our members) at firstname.lastname@example.org and get your products and services in front of our members today.
- The federal government announced an extension of the Lockdown Support Program of one month, extending the program to mid-March, 2022.
- We launched a survey on restrictions and recovery for restaurants, and the response was fantastic! Thanks to your engagement, we have already been able to bring provincial government to table and begin working with them on the aid we know you need. We thank you sincerely for your feedback. We know opinions are split on some issues, but nevertheless we are dedicated to representing our membership and your feedback is crucial to that mission.
- The provincial government announced a plan to accelerate the reduction of restrictions.
- Digital Manitoba Initiative re-opened for TechUp applications in late February, and will re-open for PowerUp applications in early March. We encourage our members to apply to this great program through our friends at the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce.
- The provincial government announced that rapid test kits are now available for asymptomatic members of the public wishing to use them in the future, available through testing sites.
- The MHA & MRFA Trade Show date was moved to June 7, 2022. Get your booths now and mark your calendar!
- We are looking forward to continuing to promote member restaurants offering features for theme weeks! This past month, we visited spots for Potato Week and La Poutine Week, and next month we will see you for VegFest!
- IMPORTANT DATE REMINDERS FOR MEMBERS:
MRFA Membership Renewals – dues that are 60 days past due on March 1st will be cancelled
CEWS – last day to apply for Period 20 is March 24, 2022
CERS – last day to apply for Period 13 is March 24, 2022
Sector Support Program – deadline to apply for second round is February 28, 2022
Digital Manitoba Initiative, TechUp – open until exhausted, funding exhausted in round one quickly!
MRFA Membership dues are officially past acceptable overdue period of time on March 1st as per our by-laws and memberships may be cancelled unless you are in contact us with your intent to renew.